NA Primary – Covid-19 Update
Since returning to School this term there seems to be an element of uncertainty about what to do when/if someone in your household is displaying Covid-19 symptoms or has a positive case of Covid-19.
We understand that this is a difficult and confusing time and hope that the following information helps to clarify what to do in each situation. The following protocols relating to Covid-19 are in place at Nottingham Academy to keep our students, staff and community safe:
- If anyone in your household is showing Covid-19 symptoms, all members should isolate at home until you have received your test result. This should be reported to our Attendance Officer as soon as possible.
- If someone in your household tests positive for Covid-19, all members should isolate at home. This should be reported to our Attendance Officer as soon as possible. Whilst isolating, you should not be coming onto the School site.
- If someone in your household tests positive for Covid-19, we ask that all School aged children in the household are tested. This is important to prevent asymptomatic cases coming into School.
- If your child displays Covid-19 symptoms whilst at School, they will be sent home and asked to take a Covid-19 test. They will not be allowed back at school until they have received a negative test result. We will also ask you to keep any siblings at home during this time.
- Unfortunately, some of the Covid-19 symptoms mirror that of a common cold. We understand that this can be frustrating however we must be certain that it is not Covid-19 and ask that you test your child if they have any Covid-19 symptoms.
- We encourage all parents to wear a face covering and distance at the School gates.
- Parents are not to come onto site, including the playground or School office. If you need to speak to the office, please call 0115 7483385 or press the buzzer at the gate to talk through the intercom.
- Children do not need to wear face coverings; however, they are welcome too.
- Parents of School age children are being offered home testing kits and encouraged to test themselves twice a week. More information about this can be found here.
If you are unsure of anything relating to the above, please contact us in one of the following ways:
07736 194 791