Our aim in teaching Physical Education at Nottingham Academy is to:
- Provide all children with a wide range of physical activities and make them aware of new possibilities and opportunities all of the time irrespective of their social background, culture, race, gender, differences in ability and disabilities.
- Increase participation by finding something that meets our children’s needs and also provide those children who are talented with opportunities to develop further.
- Ensure all children understand the health benefits, including mental health and emotional well-being, of physical activities and for them to lead a healthy and active life.
- Develop all children’s knowledge, understanding, skills and attitudes necessary for their self-fulfilment and development.
- Develop positive attitudes to physical endeavour including perseverance, fair play and sporting behaviour, and the ability to cope with success and failure.
- Develop all children’s fitness levels and ensure they are physically active for a sustained period of time.
- Understand the need for safe practice in physical activities and know how to achieve this.
Please see the below attachments where our PE long term plan and Sport Premium Action Plan can be found.
For a more in-depth look at what we do at Nottingham Academy Primary in Sport & PE please follow the below link: