A reminder of attendance expectations.
We have started this term with attendance currently at 93.4%, the aim is to achieve at least 97%.
From September 2021, attendance at school is mandatory for all pupils unless:
- They have tested positive for Covid-19. We will require parents to provide proof of this to authorise the time off.
- Illness and medical appointments – If your child is absent due to sickness or diarrhoea they must be off for 48hrs.
The attendance officer will not authorise absence for any of the following reasons:
- Term time holidays
- If a child’s attendance is below 90% and therefore classed as a persistent absentee no time off will be authorised without medical evidence.
- Any absences over 3 days I would expect medical evidence otherwise this will be unauthorised.
If your child has a runny nose, cold or cough that is not persistent or a temperature under 38 degrees your child can still attend school, we advise all parents to order some lateral flow tests to keep at home.
You can order Covid-19 lateral flow tests from http://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests and these are free.
You can see the latest NHS guide to symptoms in children by clicking this link Coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms in children - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
- Any children arriving after 8.50am at Sneinton boulevard or 9am at Greenwood Road will receive a late mark and asked to sign in at reception.
Absences must be reported daily to R Hayes the Attendance Officer by 9.15am
- Phone 0115 7483385 option 1 or 07736194791 a message can be left on either voicemail
- Text or WhatsApp message to 07736194791